Into a hot cup or snowman mug, put
*1 package hot chocolate mix,
*a few candy kisses,
*some mini marshmallows,
a candy cane.
in cellophane or plastic bag
and add a gift tag.
Here's a little gift,
you need a lift.
It's Snowman Soup!
Hot water you add,
you'll be glad
To have Snowman Soup!
Add the rest and
You're almost done making
Use the cane to stir
that is all,
Now have a ball
Drinking Snowman Soup!
gardens. When snowdrifts keep your residents inside, try cultivating a windowsill garden. All you need is a sunny spot
and a few containers of soil. Herbs are an excellent choice for windowsills.
People. Draw or paint faces on small clay pots, then fill with soil. Plant grass seed, water, and watch the "hair" grow.
Have a Hot Chocolate
Party and play board games.
Coffee Filter Angel Craft
- These little angels are very simple to make and very inexpensive.
you will need: Three coffee filters for each angel, one large
bead for the head, a pipe cleaner, doll hair, and paint.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half. Gather up one coffee filter across the width and wind one of
the halves of pipe cleaners around it to make the wings.
- Cut about 10 strings of doll hair about 6 inches long. Wrap the other half of the pipe cleaner around
the middle of the doll hair lengths leaving about 1 1/2” of pipe cleaner at one end.
- Wind the 1 1/2” length around to form a halo. Insert the other end of the pipe cleaner
through the center of a coffee filter and then through the center of the bead and then through the center of another coffee
filter. Bend a loop in the end of the pipe cleaner so the coffee filters and bead don’t fall off.
- Bring the top coffee filter down around the bead and gather it around the bottom of the bead to
form the neck of the angel. Attach the wings to the body just below the bottom of the bead. Wind the ends of the pipe
cleaner from the wings around to form the arm.
- Paint the angel with water colors or glitter glue and draw on a face.
Create your own
miniature golf course inside and have a tournament.
PAPER MACHE HANGING BOXES
For this activity you will need the following:
One recipe paper mache paste as follows:
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. In a bowl combine 2/3 cup flour with 2 cups
cold water. Add the cold mixture to the boiling water in the pot. Return to boiling stirring continuously. Remove from heat
and stir in 2 tbsp. sugar. Mixture will thicken as it cools. When it is cool it is ready.
Cardboard boxes any size/shape
Newspaper torn into strips (comics are bright and colorful)
Dip newspaper strips into paste, wiping off excess and apply to box. Press the paper down and smooth
out. Repeat the process until the entire box is covered. Let dry. As it dries it will harden making the box sturdy.
A big hit for holiday gift-giving.
any kind of jars -- baby food jars are perfect
Small decorative items to go inside: little plastic animal and people figures, flowers, buildings,
1. Paint the jar lids in seasonal colors with oil-based enamel paint.
2. Sand the inside of the lid until the surface is rough.
3. With clear-drying epoxy, adhere the figurine to the inside of the lid and let the epoxy dry.
4. Fill the jar almost to the top with distilled water
5. add a pinch of glitter for the snow and a dash of glycerin to keep the glitter from falling
too quickly. Don't add too much or the glitter will stick to the bottom of the jar when it's flipped.
6. Screw on the lid tightly, being careful not to dislodge the figurine. 7.
Turn the jar over and back again and let it snow!